One week from today, Covington will host its first webinar in a series on connected and automated vehicles (“CAVs”). The webinar will take place on February 27 from 12 to 1 p.m. Eastern Time. During the webinar, Covington’s regulatory and legislative experts will cover developments in U.S. law and regulations relating to CAVs. Those topics include:
- Federal regulation affecting CAVs, with a focus on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (“NHTSA”), the Federal Aviation Administration (“FAA”), the Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”), and the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (“CFIUS”) review.
- Where Congress stands on CAV legislation, including the AV START Act, the SELF DRIVE Act, and infrastructure legislation.
- State-level legislative, regulatory, and policy developments, including a closer look at California’s regulations.
- Updates and trends specific to the autonomous aviation industry.
- Foreign investment and export controls impacting CAVs.
Our speakers are:
- Holly Fechner (Legislative/Public Policy, Former Senate Policy Director)
- Brian Smith (Public Policy/Aviation, Former White House Counsel’s Office, Former Special Assistant, Department of Labor)
- Sarah Wilson (Product Liability/Consumer Safety, Former Federal Claims Judge, Former White House Senior Counsel)
- Jake Levine (State Regulation/Public Policy, Former Senior Counsel to CA State Senator Fran Pavley, Former White House Policy Advisor)
- Jonathan Wakely (CFIUS/International Trade, Former CIA Political Analyst)
You can register for the webinar here.
Please check back here for details on our next webinar in this series: Leveraging AV Data in a Connected World.